söndag 15 april 2012

Music I've heard along the road lately, don't miss:


I've heard so much stunning music this weekend, I feel I just have to share. Check out this beautiful song, written and performed by John Doyle:



The story is about the battle of Fredrickburg in the civil war in America, when Irish men stood on both sides fighting against eachother. "he could have been a friend or brother...."

John Doyle performed at Lempo, and I'm super much proud he asked me to join in as guest singer on his second performance. We sang a miners song, "Dark as a dungeon", written by Merle Travis. I love that song. John sang other miners songs too, among them was this extremely powerful version of Pound a week rise:



The festival Lempo in Kouvola has been just wonderful. The audience so warm and welcoming, the sound engineer really made a good job, the crew of the festival too, and exceptional good leadership made my Minna Raskinen. I'm so impressed she is both festival boss and had full focus performing with us in Nordic Wedding Music.

I'm back home tonight, have to quickly unpack and then pack my stuff again, to go back to Finland. Travelling is a big part of my life right now....so I appreciate so much being at home, my daughter, our dog and I. Time to recharge the batteries!

Eva

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar