lördag 30 november 2013

Grand mothers



Grandmothers mother. Hello to you!
Your ginger breads are the best!
So I finally made it doing my grandmother quest.

This day started at the local second hand,
and looking at what I found it's a lot about honouring the grand mothers.

I returned home with a few treasures. A fine woven handcrafted rug, with carefully choosen patterns named rose walk.
Walk on roses, rose way.

My heart beats for this type of recylcled fabric rugs.
Like a story of life
they tell about how one handcrafter has transformed clothes and other textile stuff into a piece of art.
Maybe the dress was once the must have item,
the dress to wear for a special occasion,
a dance,
a date?

When clothes were worn out they could become material for making this type of rug.

Tras-matta.

Another finding today was the little hand-bag suitable for moomin mama.
Decorated with roses.

Because it's advent I wanted to make our windows. Cleaning and all.
They have been neglected for a while I might say,
a creative woman can't have a perfect home.
Now I felt it was just right time to have a clear view. It's all about having a clear view in life.
No dirt shading the outlook.
I pray I will be given clear sight in these days.




My grand mother Agnes was a top of the line window cleaner. I mean, it was part of her vision of the home, not her profession. More of a passion.
Her skin was the softest by all compare, when I think of soft skin I always think of her skin.
Her hands, her cheeks.
She used a hand creme in a green tube, shaped like the tooth paste tube. I remember the fragrances of this hand creme, and it was transparent, not white. Like a gel. It gave me a feeling of coolness on my skin when I tried it.
Trousers and a blouse was what she was wearing most of the time. And curls in her short grey hair.


In my family on grand mother's side we have a recipie for ginger bread wich is one of the best on the christmas cake parties.
Ceremonial cake parties.
In the afternoon today we made this special ginger bread and I can assure it smells good in the kitchen. The recipie is after my grandmothers mother. Hanna Karlsson, born 1890.

Grandmothers mother. Hello to you!
Your ginger breads are the best!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar