tisdag 6 september 2011

Folkmusic sustainability


Rain and sun, sun and rain, Gothenburg seems to have it all!
Among other things today, I've been reading the document that RFoD, SSR and Folkdansringen and more instanses are working on. I'm so proud of our collaboration between all the national associasions in the field, that take part in this work of the document. I'm so proud to read this now, we have been working for years to make a compleete survey/research of the whole situation for our genre folkmusic and folkdance in Sweden. In its wider sense including all forms of it, multi cultural, worldmusic, the whole rainbow of musical colours, both traditional and experimental, contemporary. Phew, imagine how big that is to make a survey! Many people has been involved in doing this of course.

The purpose of the text is to find political goals for the next 5 years, where do we stand today, and where are we going the next period? Where's the weak points and where's the strength in our genre?
So this has been my joy today, to see that we have actually worked all the way to a good document where great parts of the genre is represented, the professional sides as well as the amateur sides. In this, prof/amateur, we are so closely linked together and that is one of our strength to the whole picture.
The document is still under construction. Soon soon it's going to be released for public!

Yesterday I started a 7-week intense course in Alexander Technique, for my teacher Barbro Olsson that I study for since many years. So I'm just about to do my home work for that: to lie down on the floor with a few books under my head and just be there relaxing my back. For 15-20 minutes let my neck and back rest and be stretched out by gravitation and the support of the hard floor. Sounds strange? Not at all. This is the real deal. Let the body work as it's designed to do. Let the spine stretch out. Alexander Technique works deeply in your motional behaviours and allow you to find the healthy habits in body movement. Essential to have the best way to perform and to sing.

You've got spine!

Eva

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar