torsdag 25 oktober 2012

Oud is honey for the soul

Preparing for tomorrows rehersal with Martin Holmlund, upright base, and Ahmad Al Khatib, oud. Listening to this fabulous song that is found at the cd Madar, by Jan Garbarek, Anouar Brahem and Shaukat Hussain. This cd was launched in 1994 and I bought it probably the same year. I remember how I was compleetely filled with the music for a week when I was ill with the flu. I read a book, a biography of american painter Georgia O'Keeffe and listens to the cd over and over again. It made me almost hypnotised. I guess it's one of my strongest musical impressions, wich later lead me to form the enseble Alruna years later.
In the youtube clip it's fascinating to see all the images of desert, wich was so much the life and home of Georgia O'Keeffe in New Mexico. Georgia O'Keeffe herself, what a role model as artist, so pure, strong minded and consequent in her believes and life.

Sull lull:



And one more of my top favourites from the same album, Qaws:



Eva

1 kommentar: