onsdag 19 september 2012

I have a book

Today I'm gonna shout out loud:
I am pleased to announce that the book is here in the world. It's a moment to celebrate after 17 years of creating, collecting songs, visioning, dreaming, working.

I think you will like it. Here's where you can buy a copy of the book:

http://www.ejeby.se/kund.asp

Or if you like you can buy it from me directly, same price 240 sek.

It was definitely a big moment for me to go to the publisher Bo Ejeby and see him open the door to the stock, and realize it's THE book piled up there. Hot from the print!
First time hold the book in my hands. With Bo Ejeby, the publisher, and my mom. Leo cuddling up with Bo.

Smiling, but still can't grasp it?
Celebrated with mom and dad who was here visiting. In the evening I brought some books to my choir and celebrated with them by singing together some of songs from the book. Among them we did the lovely Tornedals-finnish song Voi jos sinä voisit minua rakastaa.

Voi jos sinä voisit
minua rakastaa.
Silloin olis onni
minulla päälä maan.

No kyllä kyllä armahani
sinua lemmin mää,
vaikka en ole uskaltannu
sitä ennen ilmottaa.

The two verses could be translated to something like:

Oh if only you could love me, how happy I would walk on earth then.
Oh yes my dear friend, I do love you, but didn't dare to tell you yet.

Now, most of the songs in this book are in swedish, some in norwegian and some in danish. Few from Faroe islands and one jojk and one in tornedals finnish, a language also called meänkieli.

Time to celebrate a new book out of the prints!

Eva

2 kommentarer:

  1. Jag är så glad för din skull! Och jag kan ana och förstå känslan att för första gången hålla sin boken i handen och "lukta" på den, även om min bok är betydligt enklare. Njut nu! Kram

    SvaraRadera
  2. Tack Elisabet! Känslan är nog ungefär densamma, det är också för dig ett mångårigt hjärteprojekt, något att brinna för, något man verkligen vill dela med sig av. Jag läser din bok med mycket glädje. Eva

    SvaraRadera