söndag 2 februari 2014

GIFF - Gothenburg Film Festival 2014

Yesterday I enjoyed two films. And I really enjoyed. This years GIFF has delivered again. I had great company too, a friend who also enjoys slow movies that gives you a lot of food for thought.

Previous years I have chosen to se movies from Asia. So I'm glad my friend choose this one. (To surprise eachother we picked one film each)  I love the rythm, the symbolic pictures, the way of getting a glimpse of how it can be for people who live there.


Toilet Blues, by Dirmawan Hatta. A poetic, dramatic, symbolic film from Indonesia. It talks about the good and bad in every human, how life concists of both.



In one scene in Toilet Blues it's a rail road worker standing with a light on his hand saying: the train you know where it goes, it follows the track. But a humans head can go whichever way. Listen to the heart. The heart will lead, the heart is the track and the head will follow.


To widen my insights in what it is to be young and native in the US I wanted to see Pine Ridge, documentary movie by swedish film maker Anna Eborn.
Because I have a big interest in Idle No More movement.
Because indigenous knowledge is spreading and doing so much good work for clean air and water.
Because it's about indigenous rights.
I have to tap into this whole thing to understand better. Hopefully my contacts will lead me to travel there in a not too far away future.

Anna Eborn's film is not about Idle No More, it's about the people living on Pine Ridge. Are you interested to know how Idle No More comes into this? Check out social Media Hashtags: #MoccasinsontheGround #HonourTheEarth #NoKXL

Here's an interview with Anna Eborn:






Eva

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar