fredag 7 februari 2014

Pete Seeger words!

Words!
By Peter Seeger.

"Songs are funny things. They can slip across borders. Proliferate in prisons. Penetrate hard shells. I always believed that the right song at the right moment could change history."
- Pete Seeger



"Every times I'm in the woods, I feel like I'm in church."
- Pete Seeger

"Being generous of spirit is a wonderful way to live."
- Pete Seeger

"It's a very important thing to learn to talk to people you disagree with."
- Pete Seeger


Today it's time to go to a youth camp a few hours south from here. I'm excited to go. I wish and hope there will be lots of moments when we truly meet, share, have fun and dare to talk important things. Indeed, we are there because it's a church confirmand camp, one of the rare moments when young people can talk about life mystery without having parents present, or in a ordinary school setting.

They are a lovely bunch of youngsters, full of energy as it should be. I can clearly remember when I was in the same age. Sometimes very much a confused thinker who wondered deeply about the mystery of life, and sometimes just a kid playing around. My wish is to be there for them the way I remember some really good people were there for us back in those days.

The four Pete Seeger quotes are in a way as if designed for this youth camp.
If you ask me.

Eva

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar