fredag 24 februari 2012

Don't take the shit!

I'm writing this in hope that there's a possibility to make a change for children out there. Children we might encounter by chance, wherever it may occur.

Yesterday I had a very unpleasant experience. I wish I had all the courage speak out earlier, to say more, say all the things that came to my mind later.

But anyway, I did something. Gather strength and tell another grown up, a parent, that I dislikes his behavior.
Three kids, tired from traveling, having some sibling conflicts but so quiet I couldn't hear it. They didn't disturb the other travelers at all. Normal talk, normal conflicts, from well behaved kids I think.
I heard more of the disturbing dad, a cold piercing voice that gave so many negative words to his children I started to feel the pain myself. He was cold, angry, giving nick names to his eldest, telling how bad she was as a person.

Finally I couldn't stand it any longer.

And I made it.

I looked in his eyes and said calmly: It makes me so sad to hear how you treat your eldest daughter.

I can assure you, it wasn't easy for me. After our short conversation, this dad and I, I was shaking. Almost fell in the stairs going down to the luggage acclaim.

Knowing now that this dad truly believes in his way of mirroring mistakes, revenging on his children like bullying in a school yard, and he says he believes in this method, I feel so sad that a young person of only 10 years must endure such bad leadership and parenting. For heavens sake, she's so young and he's old and could know more, give her good self confidence. I wish I could hug her and tell her to grow up as the beautiful person she is, a lovely child, and not listen to voices that only give you shit.


Aunt Molly Jackson, what a powerful person she was! I wish I had only a small part of her courage. Aunt Molly Jackson, a Kentucky Coal Miner Diva. It's said that she was in the height of her glory when she approached people who treated other people bad. it could be the coal mining bosses, it could also be miners who drank and mistreated their families.

I'm just a shivering little person who hardly could fall asleep after the experience yesterday. But I am willing to keep on speaking out when I feel the pain of other people being bullied or mistreated.

Thank goodness there are role models of good leadership, like Aunt Molly Jackson, Mother Jones, (Mary Harris Jones) Gandhi, Mandela and other wise people. Who really fight for the children and the small ones.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar