tisdag 21 februari 2012

Working creatively within culture


This morning in the news flood I found something that catched my eye. It was about when voices around you may say things is not going to work. And the reply to such sayings was: who are they to tell? Do they have the full picture?

I'm agreeing with that. As a musician I often get those questions, how can you make it? And I think it's a lot about what kind of view of life you have. How wide is your horizon? What is your perception of the world around you? Do you see problems or possibilities? As a musician working creative with your own music, not being employed in an orchestra, you increase your ability of always find a solution, see the possibilities, to be flexible and many other values that's often highly rewarded in business. Even if creative art is not comparable to ordinary business.

Art is one of the foundations of human nature, in my believe, something essential and what makes us truly humans. Thousands of investigations can prove that we need culture in its many forms. I'm proud of my work, and I care for it as a treasure, knowing that it will give much to many who listen to my music.

Every morning I go to my job with light steps, eager to start, and hardly able to stop. Today I'm eager to prepare for concert with Annika Dobler on cello, concert is on Sunday in Hochdorf in Switzerland.
I'm eager to keep up the work with my first songbook. It fills me with joy and satisfaction, and sometimes I'm a bit scared too. The kind of thrilling fright to embark on unknown territories.
I'm eager to start

right

now.

E

2 kommentarer:

  1. Jag vet någon som hade varit så stolt över dig och din inställning. Fortsätt så, vi alla runt omkring dig kommer stötta dig. Kram Helene

    SvaraRadera
  2. Tack för dessa ord, ja det kan verkligen behövas stöd, för den där drivkraften är inget att ta för givet, det är många dagar som också känns som att sträva i motvind.

    SvaraRadera