lördag 11 februari 2012

In the beginning


Yesterday I spoke with a friend that has been part of the very beginning of the whole songbook project. I sang at her wedding 1995, and at the lovely reception, with toasts for the couple, I came into a conversation with other guests. There in this summery day in the garden just outside small village of Sundborn (Carl Larsson the painter, you know….) I first got the idea that my collection of weddingsongs from the folk music field could be shared in a book. The beautiful couple is Björn and Kristina Sjöö, and still today I remember this very special wedding as one of the most free spirited, joyful and creative weddings I've ever been to. Clearly there was something special in the air.

So it's now 17 years I've been working with this songbook. Some things is worth taking time with.

This morning I got a mail from a friend with answers about one of the songs. It's a well known and widely spread song, Fin är du, and the origin has been unclear to me. Now I got great info, thank you Hans Kennemark! It can really fuel the day to get such a nice start.



On facebook I found this, on the topic of love.


Is there someone today you can show some love?

Eva

1 kommentar:

  1. Wonderful, Eva! Love from me to you!

    PS är brudkronan från detta tillfälle?

    SvaraRadera