fredag 31 augusti 2012

Blue Moon Friday


Blue Moon, that's when there's a full moon for the second time in a month. Like today! The last day of beautiful August.

So, it's been a full week! So much achieved, and yet sometimes I think time fly really fast and what did I do?
This Tuesday I started a choir! So great to see all the people that signed up and came. Great to get going! It started really well, so good singers! I'm fortunate with this. Also fortunate with the nice location, at the gardens of Lärjeån.
And today I had a wonderful rehersal. Creating music together with Ahmad Al Khatib, oud, and Martin Holmlund, upright bass. Imagine how happy I am to sing with theese guys!



This week has been full of environmental activism as well. Here in Sweden it's a huge protest againt the destruction of real old pine forest wich are the home for many endangered spieces of wild life. A private owned company want to dig a big whole in this area. Digging for lime stone. Activists are hiding in the forest, some climb up in the trees. If you just want to sign a petition you can show your support here:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_limestone_quarry_to_secure_fresh_water_reserve_and_natural_habitat_for_a_number_of_endangered_species/?carOEcb

And in the US I follow the Lakota Sioux Nation who wants to buy back the sacred land of Pe' Sla. Buy back! It's stolen land from them anyway.

Sign Avaaz: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Help_Lakota_Sioux_Save_Buy_Pe_Sla_Sacred_Black_Hills_Land/?ckccsdb




As a teenager I read the book Black Elk Speaks. I took big interest in that book. Lot's of the history written about there is taken place at Black Hills. Pe' Sla is a sacred site in the Black Hills.

The more I read this interesting articles, I get amazed and proud to hear all the voices of people who stand up for the earth and our future generations. Go go go!

Eva

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar