söndag 24 juni 2012

Kieslowski memories

Excuse me, is your name Marie Veronique?

A man asked me in the train. If my name is Marie Veronique. His voice asked in a soft and polite way, giving a slight impression that he felt uncomfortable to ask me.

Things like this can start my fantasy. What would have been if I had a french double name? How would that have formed me? What comes with a name? How much do we build up in expectations when hearing a name?

Who could this Marie Veronique be, the woman he must have thought of when he saw me? What was their history together? Long lost friends? The man must have been maybe 10-15 years older than me. What was their relation?

Are we twin-like, this woman Marie Veronique and I?

Could it be like the mesmerizing movie La doble vie de Veronique, by Kieslowski? I've seen that film a couple of times and I'm still fascinated by the whole story. And of course, the great soundtrack and the choir music. It's a story about two young women who are born at the same day in different countries, and they don't know each other. But they have a feeling of a presence of another twin somewhere, a secret twin.

Have you had a feeling of a presence?

The man who asked me went to by coffee or something in the dining-car, and we never saw eachother on the train again.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar